STRUCTURAL STEEL / PRECAST PANEL DETAILING
Powered by Tekla Structures, Streamline use the latest software to produce accurate shop drawings for both steel and concrete. We ensure all of our drawings are produced to a quality standard and are easy to read.
There are generally three ways our services are engaged into a project, these being:
1. At the start of a project using BIM technology and working with designers and builders.
2. After design is completed engaged by the project builder to provide shop drawings (drafting).
3. By a fabricator to provide shop drawings (drafting).
The Construction industry is evolving with the growing technology used in the structural steel industry. This is resulting in project designers and steel detailers working together to build a 3d model that can be accessed by all trades. This is known as BIM technology (Building Information Modelling). This method of design is becoming more popular as it is proving to save time and money in coordinating the trades involved in the building process. By using a 3d design model accessible to all trades an accurate impression of the project can be developed from the start allowing the user to see how all facets of construction come together before any construction has started.
Once the design is finalised Streamline can then take this model and begin the process of shop detailing for fabrication. With the use of the latest 3D detailing package Tekla Structures, our company can provide the following services:
· Shop drawings and Fittings for steel and precast panel fabrication.
· Detailed marking plans including 3D views.
· H.D Bolt plans and details.
· Material lists / Bolt reports.
· Custom reports to suit fabrication and erection requirements.
· Shop drawings and report data for purlin and girt sections.
· CNC and DXF data customised to suit any requirements for beam lining and laser cutting including pop marks, part mark and member scribing.
· 3D Bimsight models for review / approval.
· Export data for Trimble total station and other site set out equipment.
3D SCANNING SERVICES
Site measuring existing structures can be difficult, time consuming and unreliable. Using the Trimble 3d scanning equipment Streamline can offer an accurate scanning service which then imports directly into our Tekla Structures model. Once this information is in our working model we can then add the new steel structure with full confidence knowing the steel will fit on site.
Engaging Streamline to scan an existing structure allows it’s clients to save time and money in the following ways:
· Client manpower does not need to be on site to physically measure an existing structure.
· Site measuring can be difficult and inaccurate.
· Scanning eliminates the requirement to measure existing structures where access and height restrictions are present.
· The scanning process is quicker and more reliable.
Streamline can be engaged at the start of a project to scan an existing structure to provide set out plans / export models for builders, architects and engineers. This will ensure design drawings reflect site conditions with correct structural member sizes and set out.